Friday, March 9, 2012

Can personal data still be contained on a cell phone after taking out the SIM card?

I have to send in my Blackberry Pearl and they are sending me a new one. I took out the SIM card to put in the new phone but I'm wondering if any personal data is still on the phone that I am sending in? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Signed, nervous nellie when it comes to identity theft.Can personal data still be contained on a cell phone after taking out the SIM card?
YES YES YES!!!!

your phone stores info on both the sim and phone.

your best bet is to do a hard format B4 sending it in.



To format the phone, press *#7370#, then enter the lock code, which is the sec code of the phone. NOTE: batt must b full, else if format is disrupted by low batt, consequences will b disatrous.

which in this case might not be a bad thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment