Saturday, March 3, 2012

Can you use an iPhone just for calling with an AT&T SIM card that has no data plan?

I bought an inexpensive, normal AT%26amp;T phone under a normal contract with just calling minutes and no data plan. Now, I plan on obtaining an unlocked iPhone to replace this phone, but using the same old AT%26amp;T SIM card (which just has voice minutes- no data plan). Will this SIM card work with the iPhone for just calling? Will it even fit in?Can you use an iPhone just for calling with an AT%26amp;T SIM card that has no data plan?
I don't think so...I'm pretty sure you need a data plan to use the Iphone. Unless you put in a prepaid SIM card. Then you can have an Iphone for less than $30 a month. : ) That's what I did.

Unlocked it, then put in a T-mobile prepaid card. Works perfect. And also, if you have a Wi-Fi signal you can get on the internet through that. With or without an active SIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment