Tuesday, March 6, 2012

If I put my sim card in a smart phone, without a data plan, will it cost money?

I have T-mobile, and I don't have a data plan, but I put my sim card in a Smart Phone, but I don't use any data, (internet, downloading apps, etc.) but will it cost money like a data package?If I put my sim card in a smart phone, without a data plan, will it cost money?
I only know that with AT%26amp;T they demand that you pay for data whether it's used or not. However, their smart phones won't work without it. AT%26amp;T won't activate the phone. That's why we're getting rid of them. I don't know how T-mobile handles data plans or smart phones. If your smart phone is working? I would guess that as long as you don't use data, you can't be charged for it. Why don't you have the data blocked by T-Mobile, so no one can use it?If I put my sim card in a smart phone, without a data plan, will it cost money?
Depending on the phone, you can go into your settings and turn off your Data connection. That's what my girlfriend does. I just bought her the HTC HD7 Windows phone for T-Mobile(not knowing that she didn't have a data plan) and she turned off her Data Connection so all she can do is talk and text. But she has to go in and turn it on to be able to send/receive pictures.If I put my sim card in a smart phone, without a data plan, will it cost money?
Yes. The Smart Phone has to have a data plan to even turn on and work. I did the same thing and I have at%26amp;t so automatically at%26amp;t updated my plan to have a data package for my phone. So Yes, even if you're not online... you're smartphone has to have a data plan to work and without doing the internet, downloading apps, ect., it will still have to have some data although it does not use much data just to turn on and function normally. hope this helps! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment