Friday, March 9, 2012

Question about using an old iPhone from a friend with no data plan/sim card.?

OK, so I have a friend who is selling me their used iPhone 3 that does not currently have a data plan and does not have a sim card in it. I just wanted an iPod Touch to be honest, but my friend was getting rid of the iPhone so i said why not. Now, I have 3 questions:

Question 1: Without a sim card or data plan (the previous owner had both of those, but not anymore) will I still be able to use iTunes to put music on the iPhone??



Question 2: Even though I will not have a data plan with the iPhone, will I still be able to connect to the internet in areas where there is a wifi connection?? Like you would for an iPod touch...since I will be using apps like the Facebook app that requires the internet. Will I be able to still use wifi (not 4G or any of that stuff in the data plan since I don't have a data plan) to get on the internet without a data plan??



Question 3: I have an older AT%26amp;T phone that I only use for texting and calling...because for my cell phone plan I am not allowed to access the Internet. With this said, could I take the sim card out of my old AT%26amp;T phone, put it in my iPhone, and still be able to text and call with the iPhone, but not be charged anything extra?? I do not want a data plan, I just want to keep my same texting/calling plan, but would I be able to take the sim card out of my old phone and put it in the iPhone and still be able to text/call without being charged extra and keeping my same plan?? I called at%26amp;t and they said that I would instantly be charged $25 when I put my old sim card in the iPhone, but could anyone confirm??



I know this was a lot so thanks in advance to anyone who can help.Question about using an old iPhone from a friend with no data plan/sim card.?
Firstly , just configure the iPhone to your com and you have iTunes there once you download it so putting music and pictures are definites .

Secondly , without a data plan , you can only connect to the Internet with wifi . So with wifi , facebook etc is all possible .

Lastly , I don't know what AT%26amp;T is but I used my own sim into my iPhone , it's the exact same amount to pay and I also upgraded it for data plan for just under $20 .

Hope I helped :)

No comments:

Post a Comment